The goal of All County Home Care is to keep the patient safe, comfortable and in their home. Home health care enables patients to recuperate from short-term illness or deal with chronic disease in the comfort of their own homes. Working together with the patient’s physician, a skilled team of home health professionals look after your patient’s physical, social, and emotional needs. One of the goals of home care is to provide patients and families the care, education, and support needed for them to become independent in their care. Home care services may include visiting nurses, rehabilitation therapy, home health aides, medical social services, home infusion therapy, or hospice.
Who Should be Referred to Home Care?
Criteria for admission to home care are:
- The patient is homebound.
- The patient is in need of health care that requires skilled nursing, physical therapy or speech therapy on an intermittent basis.
- The attending physician must sign the initial plan of care.
Examples of patients who would benefit from home care are (these examples are not all-inclusive, however they illustrate the breadth of the home care services we provide):
- Those recovering from surgery
- Disabled or chronically ill persons needing medical treatment and/or assistance with the activities of daily living
- Patients recovering from a stroke, heart attack, heart surgery, high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, lung disease, diseases of the nervous system and terminal illness
- Patients who have undergone hip or knee replacement surgery, those receiving IV therapy, and those with a colostomy or catheter.
All County Home Care has experts to serve you in the following services:
- Medical Social Services- Our MSW can help with long term planning and community resources
- Physical Therapy Services- Our PT’s can help you with strengthening, gait training, therapeutic exercises and developing a home exercise program
- Home Health Aide Services- Home Health aides assist patients with daily living activities
- Nursing Care Services Whether you’ve had surgery or a new diagnosis our nursing staff can walk you through the new changes in your life. Nursing includes wound care, teaching on various dieses processes, Infusion therapy and Ostomy care just to name a few.
- Speech Pathology Services- Our speech therapist will evaluate the patient’s swallowing and speech
- Occupational Health Services- OT focuses on energy conservation and safety with activates of daily living